Save $5.00 a pound on cod fillets today! If you go to Fresh Market’s website, they also usually offer recipes for some of the specials for that week. We are a fish taco loving family, so I think we may try this one, it sounds delicious! If you’d like to see more recipes, visit here!
Grilled Fish Tacos with Quick Pickled Red Onions and Avocado Crema
- Fish Tacos –
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 1 tablespoon TFM Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon TFM Chili Lime Rub/Marinade
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed or lightly toasted
- – –
- Quick Pickled Red Onions –
- 1 red onion, halved through the root, then very thinly sliced into half-moon shapes
- 1/2 cup vinegar (cider, red wine, or rice)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey or granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon TFM Crushed Chili Pepper
- – –
- Avocado Crema –
- 2 large, ripe avocadoa, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro, stems removed
- 1 cup TFM Sour Cream
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons TFM Chili Lime Rub/Marinade
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For fish tacos: Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Clean and lightly oil hot grill with vegetable oil. Arrange fish in a 2qt baking dish; set aside.
Combine TFM Extra Virgin Olive Oil with the next 4 ingredients and pour mixture over fish, turning fish to coat. Let fish marinate for 15 minutes.
Remove fish from marinade, letting excess liquid drip off. Season fish with salt and grill until flesh is opaque throughout, 4-6 minutes.
Gently flake fish with a fork and divide among tortillas. Lightly drizzle with Avocado Crema and sprinkle with Quick Pickled Red Onions.
Note: If you’re in a hurry…Try topping your fish tacos with diced avocado and onion and chopped cilantro. Add a sprinkle of pre-packaged coleslaw (not dressed) and a drizzle of TFM Dragon Sauce. Top with TFM Sour Cream.
For quick pickled red onions: Place the sliced onions in a glass or ceramic container.
Combine the vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Gently boil 1 minute until sugar is dissolved, then pour the pickling liquid over the onions.
Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until ready to use. Pickled onions can be made 2 weeks prior to use.
For avocado creama: Scoop avocado flesh into food processor. Add cilantro and the next 3 ingredients. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Cover with plastic wrap placed directly on the surface of the crema to prevent browning. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 4-6 servings